On the October 2, 2017, a gunman opened fire on the Las Vegas Strip and killed 58 people and sending nearly 500 people to nearby hospitals. Details are beginning to surface about the incident, and as the information becomes available this article will be updated with more detail. Here is what has been confirmed so far:
- The gunman was American-born Stephen Paddock, a 64 year-old Nevada resident.
- Police say he killed himself before he was found.
- He had no connection to terrorist groups and the attack was not connected to terrorism.
- At least 58 people were killed and nearly 500 people were injured.
- United States President Donald Trump condemned the attack calling it “an act of pure evil”